Thursday, August 7, 2008

I MADE IT

Hey family,

Hey everybody. Well according to my watch you are all in bed right now so you wont get this for a little bit. I made it here and tried calling from Austria but there phones dont do the whole 1 800 thing so it didnt work. It was crazy flying in because everything is so flat and alot of farms. The flight wasnt that bad and it seemed to go by quickly. We placed 3 book of mormons and even one in russian to an old lady and i talked to her in russian for a little bit. It was pretty awesome. President Abraham and some other people were there to pick us up from airport. All of my luggage made it but one of the others stuff got left in Austria. President Abraham said he tried calling to tell that i was alive but nobody answered. This place is out of control. There are no mountains at all, the people are tight and they all smoke. Right when we got here we went contacting and started passing out english fliers right aways. Some people completely ignored me but i just laughed and kept walking. I cant believe that i am actually in Ukraine now after waiting for however long. The driving is crazy! We were driving with President Abraham and it was seriously worse then Mexico. He is a way awesome man and a really funny one. He even started racing somebody. I slept like a dead man the first night and we slept over at the Assistants apartment in the hood. Its so awesome here. Nobody waves when I wave at them but its all good. I found out where i am going and who my trainer is. His name is Elder Hesson and thats about all i know. According to the Assistants he is the coolest Elder in the field so whatever that means. And i got assigned to serve in a city South West of Dnepr called Nikolaev and i have about an 8 hour bus ride today. Haha so that will be exciting. Last night they had a meeting for us with some of the members from the branch. It was really cool. We had some Borush which was good but then i had the nasty drink. The members are really nice here and i had to stand up and introduce myself but now i am going to a different city. I already love it here and its going to be way fun and am excited for it. Well i love you and tell everyone i said hi.Elder Hukill

No comments: