Sunday, June 1, 2008

Another Letter---Yea!!!

Tyler wrote us again, I never knew a handwritten letter could be so exciting!!! I will just summarize what he wrote, or try to hit the highlights of the letter. He has been able to play a little basketball and volleyball, and is looking forward to playing some soccer in the next little bit- he didn't mention football, so maybe they don't let the missionaries play that at the MTC!!!!
He says his days are full of studying and eating and that is about it, there are not any scales so he has not been able to weigh, I think he is a little concerned about gaining a lot of weight! Tyler is also learning patience as he learns to adjust to his companion, I'm sure that will get better as time goes on. The language is coming along and he can introduce himself now and I think bear his testimony, he says his district is coming along pretty well with the language also. He is enjoying being the District Leader as he gets to serve his district missionaries and work with the Branch Presidency and really likes them a lot. He gets to see Marshall (Chin) or maybe we should call him Cheeks now as Tyler says he has put a little weight on!!!!! He also eats most of his meals with Chris and D.O. He said President Monson's daughter came and gave a talk about President Monson as a father, not just as a prophet. He was very impressed with what she had to say. I think that is it. He will be emailing us on Tuesday, or he better anyway. For those of you who read this he really appreciates any letters sent to him whether through the mail or through the Dear Elder.com. Thanks to all of his friends for their love and support, he is who he is because of your friendship!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks like he is doing great! I can't believe all these boys get to be together. So amazing!

James Hesch said...

Haha I don't think Tyler has to worry about gaining weight, doesn't look like he gains weight easily ha. That is awesome though he gets to be with all his friends like Chris and Derek and Marshall, that's so cool.