Thursday, July 24, 2008

Last Two Weeks in MTC

Today we finally get to go to the temple after it has been closed for the past two weeks. But i guess i should be grateful since i wont be able to go for 22 months. So now it is 100% russian from here on out. I am really not going to try to speak English for the next 22 months of my life except when i have to. That should be exciting eh? I hear your grammer is screwed up when you get back because Russian is seriously the crazy language. Its fun though talking in 100% Russian but at the same time is pretty frustrating. I dont want to be like the last district though and just give up because it is hard. On Sunday me and Elder Steele got together and told all of our good stories and about our lives. Haha since we cant talk in English any more we just got it all out. It was pretty funny. It is strange though how close you come to people who you have only know for 10 weeks. Even though i am with them 24 hours a day of my life!! Yesterday i was on LDS.org listening to conference talks when i came across Uncle Dons from 2004. Its is a pretty awesome talk and we listened to it for companionship study and then discussed it (In Russian). But yea it was a really good talk. My companion Elder Taylor really enjoyed it and gave it to his friend who is struggling to decide to go on a mission. I wish i could write comments in the pictures so you knew who everyone was. That Blonde Sister was a Russian who was in the last Zone. She was just going around taking pictures with everybody so yea. But hopefully i remember all of their names so when i get back i can tell you about them. Elder Steele though is the Elder with Brown hair. Haha i dont know if that helps but yea thats him. We got our Russian name tags last friday so that was pretty exciting to see that thing. Our last name is sweet looking. I should be getting my flight plans this friday so i will be able to tell you next week when i can call. But it would probably just be helpful to call one place so yea i dont know what you would want to do about that.
I went to choir last week with my companions, they forced me into going so i said i would only go once. But i got onto the little TV little and the jumbo tron screens they have here so that was a good accomplish ment. Haha so i am not going back since i made it on to it. Well I love you all and i hope everything is going well. I will be able to talk to you in 2 weeks. Its really doesnt even feel like there is an outside to this place. Love you all. Elder Hukill

No comments: